Things To Consider
- Our collars cater for XXS, XS, Small, Medium, Medium to Large XL, XXL (the Giants.)
- Please carefully check the product sizing as there are variations between brands and materials of collars.
- There are often variations within a breed and mixed breed dogs are often in-between sizes. We therefore recommend measuring your dogs neck before purchasing a collar so that you can be sure it will fit.
- If you don’t have a tape measure, use a piece of string and then measure against a ruler.
- If your dog is between sizes, then it is best to go up one.
We don’t recommend measuring the existing collar as each style is different so you may not account for the buckle or clasp and pick the wrong size by a few inches.
Dog Collars: How to Measure
Measure your dog's neck where the collar naturally sits (usually the widest part of the neck). Use a soft tape measure around the neck allowing two fingers to snugly fit between the tape and your dog's neck.
Dog Harness (Collect the Neck & Chest Measurement)
Neck: Measure where the collar naturally sits. Allow two fingers to fit between the neck and the collar.
Chest: Measure the circumference around the largest part of your dogs ribcage and around their back to the starting point.
*Measure from the point 5 cm behind the elbow
All Harnesses are adjustable at the Neck & Chest for the perfect fit
1. Measure your dog’s chest area first. Start to measure from 1″ / 2,5 cm behind one front leg, over the chest bone to 1″ / 2,5 cm behind the other front leg.
2. Measure the girth, take care you measure the deepest part of your dog’s rib cage.
Back measurement is the length of your dog’s back. Measure along the top of the spine from the high part of the back between the shoulders, where the neck joins the body, to the base of the tail where the tail joins the body.
We have mattress style beds and bolster beds (those with side walls) when choosing the best size of bed for your dog, keep in mind how your dog likes to lie down.
-Curled in a ball
-Stretched out flat.
-Rest head against a pillow
Plus, how big will your puppy grow?
Tip: Blankets make a great addition to beds for those that like to have something extra to rest their head against.
Dog Bandanas: Sizes vary between brands
Rag + Hound and Foggy Dog Bandanas are tied in a knot around the neck.
Hiro & Wolf slips over the collar. No need to tie around the neck.
Hiro & Wolf: S/M Bandana fits dogs who wear XS-S-M Dog Collar (2 cm thick)
M/L fits those that wear M-L-XL dog collar (so long as the collar is no more than 2.5cm thick)
Rag + Hound: XS up to 30cm
Foggy Dog: Small up to 33 cm
Chihuahua, Yorkie, Mini Pomeranian, Havanese, Maltese, Mini Dacshund
Rag + Hound: Small = up to 43 cm
Foggy Dog: Medium = up to 43 cm
Spaniel, Frenchie, Pug, Wheaten Terrier, Shitzu, Boston Terrier, Corgis
Rag + Hound Medium = up to 61cm
Foggy Dog: Large = up to 56cm
Labrador, Retriever, Collie, Boxer, Husky, Vizsla
Rag + Hound Large = above 62 cm
Great Dane, German Shepherd,
For further help with sizing please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org